Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 14 Reading Diary B: The End

p. 351-412

The book is coming to an end...and Bhishma and is waiting for the moment. There seem to be so many deaths in Indian epics. Ganga is upset and mourn for his son's death. Bhishma's ashes were poured in the Ganges river. Yud is sad and in despair and Bhima tried to cheer him up and he becomes the king.

Overall, the story of Mahabharata comes to an end. Compared to the Ramayana, I think I like Buck's version of Ramayana better even though I didn't enjoy the character of Rama much. The beginning of the Mahabharata was interesting especially about Ganesha. I just wished there were more stories about Ganesha. It was getting confusing when the Pandavas were in battle with everyone. I was getting so confused with the characters. They were either dying or coming back alive. I did thought the dice game was interesting and felt bad for Draupadi. She should not have been treated that way by the men. There was a lot going on towards the end but overall it wasn't a bad story.

 Battle Scene: The Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment