Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 15: College Writing Review

I struggled a lot in writing throughout my college years. When I went to Oklahoma City Community College my first two years of school. My writing was horrible and I knew it was not that great. However, when I transferred to OU my writing improved a lot. Since I am a political science major, there were a lot of reading and reading that were involved. Still, I struggled with writing and would usually get B or C on my research papers. I think writing was harder for me because most of my papers involved with analytical thinking and writing. Most of them are either philosophical and I would have to argue the thesis in my opinion. Although there are not right or wrong answers... it was hard to write a good and strong argument when you obtain so much information in one class. 

For me political science papers became easier as I reach the ending of my college career. It is because I had learned a lot throughout the years and the writing process became more smoothly and easier to write because well... I am more familiar with the topic.

However, one of my elective classes China Art of Warfare was extremely difficult. I was struggling in this class and it wasn't my major. The material was hard and so much to obtain in one semester. Most of the material involved with different dynasties and different emperors. The names were so confusing... writing the paper was so hard. I asked my professor for help and did endless research and most of the scholarly articles were in Chinese and even translating wouldn't be accurate. That was probably the worst paper I have to write throughout my college experience, but it definitely taught me to be more argumentative in my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment