Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 14 Storytelling: Ashwatthaman as a Sacrifice

The night was dark and Ashwatthaman decided to raid the Pandavas camp site. He had wanted to enter the camp for the longest time and finally it was a good time to do it. However, he did not know that Krishna and the Pandavas were sleeping outside that night... He was caught by surprised... the camp was guarded by a white tiger that was a manifestation of Shiva.

"What is this? A white tiger!" said Ashwatthaman.

"I will kill this tiger! How dare this beast get in the way of entering the camp!" said Ashwatthaman.

Ashwatthaman then raised his sword and started to attack the tiger. The tiger dodged the sword and Ashwatthaman started chasing after the tiger. The tiger growled and swallowed Ashwatthaman's sword. He was surprised. How could this tiger just swallowed his weapon like that? He must be a god! 

Then the tiger started transforming into it's real figure. The tiger was the god Shiva... Ashwatthaman stood there with his eyes wide opened. He did not realize that it was Shiva. He felt embarrassed for trying to attack the almighty Shiva. 

"Oh almighty Shiva! I am so sorry for trying to attack you! I did not realize it was you! If I had known I would not have tried to kill you! I apologize..." said Ashwatthaman.

"How dare you try to attack me just to get inside of the Pandavas camp?! Did you not realize that I am more than just a tiger? When you tried to attack me, did you not see that I have abilities that a normal tiger doesn't have? What are you doing trying to raid the Pandavas camp?!" said Shiva

"I am sorry Shiva, I really did not realize that you were a god until you swallowed by sword. My stupidity had caused you to be angry with me. I am sorry. I am trying to get into the camp because I need to kill Krishna and the Pandavas! Let me kill them!" said Ashwatthaman.

"I cannot just let you kill Krishna and the Pandavas just like that. I am not going to let you enter this site unless..." said Shiva

"Unless?..."said Ashwatthaman.

"Unless, you sacrifice yourself to me. I want you to become my eternal slave. You will be under my control and everything you do will be under my command. You are to fulfill every mission I tell you to do. You will not question anything." said Shiva.

Ashwatthaman looked at Shiva. He thought to himself if he does not sacrifice himself than he will never be able to kill Krishna and the Pandavas. However, he did not want to be under the control of Shiva.. what should he do... 

Ashwatthaman thought for a very long time and decided to sacrifice himself as a slave to Shiva. 

"I have decided. I will sacrifice myself to you. You have my word." said Ashwatthaman.

"Very well, you shall enter the camp now." said Shiva.

Ashwatthaman entered the camp and killed Dhrishtadyumna, Sikhandin, and Panchala. He was ruthless and slaughtered every single one of them. After that Ashwatthaman decided to let Rakshasha to eat the remains of the dead warriors... Rakshasha entered the camp and started devouring the dead bodies. He was hungry... 

Ashwatthaman left the camp to bring news to Duryodhana. 

Rakshasha is hungry:  Hindu Demon

Author's Bibliography: I decided to do the story over Ashwatthaman and how he sacrificed himself to Shiva in order to kill Krishna and the Pandavas. He was so angry with them that he was willing to become an eternal slave to Shiva just to kill them. I chose a third person point of view with some dialogues between Shiva and Ashwatthaman.

Bibliography: William Buck Mahabharata 


1 comment:

  1. Hey again Christine,
    I thought your image for this storytelling post was very interesting. It definitely caught my eye and made me want to read this particular story of yours. Your word choice was excellent and the structure and flow of your story was impressive. Overall, good job because I thought this story of yours was great. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete